Award Committee Policies and Procedures
The Council of Atlantic University Libraries (CAUL-CBUA) launched the Collaborative Research & Innovation Grant to support new or established librarians, working in a CAUL-CBUA member institution, who aspire to, or are, actively engaged in research.
The CAUL-CBUA Collaborative Research & Innovation Grant is intended to encourage collaborative research across the academic libraries in the region and recognize innovation.
- to support new or established practitioners working in academic libraries conducting research with the intent to share results through publication and/or conference presentations;
- to encourage and support collaborative research undertaken by practitioners in the field of academic librarianship;
- to promote research in the field of academic librarianship that is evidence based and applicable to the region.
Submission of Proposals
- name and address of applicant, mailing address and date of application;
- a reasonable description of the research or development project identifying methodology and design or development process;
- duration of the project, including a project timetable;
- assessment of the potential utility of research results to the CAUL-CBUA academic library community;
- indication of how the results of the research project will be disseminated – e.g. as an article manuscript submitted to a peer-reviewed journal for publication;
- detailed assessment of costs and statement of other grants/awards received; and
- a current Curriculum Vitae.
CAUL-CBUA Review Committee
Proposals for funding are judged on:
- originality or importance of research or project;
- relevance of the research or project to the goals and objectives of the CAUL-CBUA libraries;
- appropriateness of the proposed research method and development process;
- detail of planned oversight and management of the project;
- expected impact of the research;
- timeliness of the research (must be completed in less than two years); and
- comprehensiveness of the application.
Conditions of the Grant
- Research must commence in the year for which the grant is awarded;
- the Announcement of the Award should be issued by the end of October of each year;
the CAUL-CBUA manager ensures announcements of the award go to the various organizations for publication. Announcements are placed on the CAUL-CBUA website, APLA listserv, and any network deemed appropriate;
award dollars are given out in January of each year. Award cheques will be issued to the applicant’s institutional Grants Office unless otherwise indicated. The CAUL-CBUA Manager will coordinate this process once the award has been announced;
a report will be filed with the CAUL-CBUA within two months of the completion of the project or two years after receiving the grant, whichever is the shorter time period;
the grant must be acknowledged in publications and presentations emanating from the research or development accomplished through the CAUL-CBUA Research & Innovation Grant; and
past award winners may be asked to sit on the committee to adjudicate future submissions
Revised: June 28, 2017